Until 1986 the structure was located a few meters further to the west then it stands today, during the implementation of the new development plan of Antalya, when the street was widened, but with all the parts of the building rebuilt in the new, present position. The structure belonged to the Greek Haji Ilyas Dayıoğlu. At the beginning of the 20th century it was constructed using rubble and bricks. Between the years 1919 and 1921 it was employed as the Italian High School. After the invasion, occupation and population exchange it was allocated to the Antalya Governorship for the long term. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk stayed in it when he visited Antalya in 1930. Until 1980 it was employed for administrative purposes and education. In 1984 it was decided that it should be regulated as the Ataturk House and Museum. The lower floor has an exhibition about Atatürk's visit to Antalya with pictures and newspaper clippings. The upper floor has an exhibition of coins and stamps in addition to Atatürk's study room and his bed.