The mosque stands within the neighborhood to which it gave its name and was built by the Ottoman Vizier Bali Bey in about 1490 at the end of 15th century. According to an inscription that is lost today, the mosque was renovated between 1849 and 1850. There are a place for latecomers to prayers which was added later to the north facade of the building consisting of one square-like space with a length about 16 m. The minaret was rebuilt in 1963 in the northwest corner. The space that is quite high is covered with dome in the interior and with the dome covered in curved roof tiles on the exterior. The dome externally rests on an octagonal rim. Cut stone blocks were employed for the door frame and window openings of the building and rubble stone for the walls. The construction has a cornice, emphasized by tiles today at about half of the height of its exterior facade and a chamfered structure on the corners upon which the rim of the dome rests. The building is entered by a door frame with a flattened arch in the middle of its north facade. There is a modern building inscription over the door. The interior of the building is lighted through windows in all its walls. The lodge for females is reached at both corners by stairs after the entrance. The Name of God-Allah, the Prophet Mohammed and names of the first four Caliphs are inscribed hand-carved on the pendentives of the dome, above the windows in the south wall and in the medallions in the center of the dome.