A monumental entrance, which was the strategically important main gate of Kaleiçithat opened to the north, was located in the place which is still called Kale Kapısı today. This place was mentioned by both IbniBibi and EvliyaÇelebi who were famous travelers in the 13thand 17thcenturies. And also some photographs in the 1910’s show that the structure had a gate surrounded by towers providing controlled access into Kaleici. This gate and surrounding walls unfortunately were demolished during the cultural destruction that occurred in the 1930’s. Kale Kapısı which provides entry to the "up town" in which is located the YivliMinare mosque complex, was the one of the most important gates into the city. In addition to being the place on left the city to reach the surrounding ancient cities, it connected the city to the Central Anatolian cities. Today, due to the remaining parts of a stone archwith flower rosettes in the Fluted Minaret Mosque, it is thought that a second monumental gate, which was similar to Hadrian's Gate in size and decoration, was located in the City Gate-Kalekapısı locality in the II. century A.D. According to EvliyaÇelebi, this gate, which was the biggest gate of the city and passing through it connects the port to the land, was formed with three linked doors. In the relatively recent past, different names were given to this gate such as:PazarKapısı, ÇarşıKapısı, KapıAğzı, Market Gate, naming it, The well encountered Castle Gate, such as,the Door to the opening, this position now renamed the Kala-Castle Doors at the beginning of the 20thcentury, has become the Gate to a non-existent castle and door.