It was built in Yeni Kapı Street with the support of the Greek and Antalya communities. It was opened by Metropolitan Yerasimos Tandalisdis as a Greek Girl's School in 1905 and used as a hospital by Italians in 1913. After a while it was used as Greek Girls School. During the occupation of 1919-1921 was again used by the Italians as the Italian Hospital. In the War of Independence it was used as a hospital for foreign patients. Between 1927 and 1928 it was used as Business School, in 1929 it became the Medar-ı Vatan school. In memory of the War of Independence it is today called the Dumlupınar School. This two-storied building in the Greek architectural style was restored in 1975, and in the course of this work two additional floors were added to the building inside. The school garden situated within a large courtyard can be accessed via two doors. The southern door is on Kadir Pasha Street, which is used as the main door today. The door to the south of the Greek structure and is a fine example of the monumental stone gate of a type which today has only a few surviving examples to be found in Kaleici. On the tall front façade there are on both sides of the entrance door pilasters and, as in antiquity, this monumental building has over the door and pilasters, a decorated pediment. There is a pediment which today only one of the two palmette acroteria on either sides and one on top of the pediment. The pediment is decorated with special type of leaf repeat design. The entrance leads into a passage, rising above the tops of the pilaster top is an arched structure. This door opening was probably closed by a metal door with two wings.