Until the first half of the 20th century, on the west of the road lined with historic buildings, situated at the end of FevziCakmak Street, there remains today only one historic building in the entire street. In the early 20th century, the structure was constructed as a Greek mansion and it served as the Governor's Mansion during the years from 1944 to 1976. Because of the new Governor's Mansion, constructed facing Republic Square, it remained for long an unused building. From 1984 to 1995 it served as the Teacher's House. Today it is used as Teachers local belonging to the new Teachers Houses. The long side faces the exterior, it has an L-shaped plan and the two-storied structure has a small courtyard in the north. The walls are built of rubble and brick. All facades are plastered white. The main entrance, as characteristic of these traditional buildings, is located on the corner of west facade in a recessed position. All the facades of the building have the typical high and low-arched windows. The window frames are made from cut stone blocks and protrude from the facade. The floor space is highlighted by different colored profile deletions and there is a three sided bay window over the main entrance. In the middle of the east façade there is a small balcony. The eaves of this pitched roof are very narrow.